Sr. Engineering Technician – Electrical
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Engineering Department Head
OFFICE: Haddonfield, NJ
Established forward thinking Engineering firm located in Haddonfield, New Jersey is seeking a mid-level Electrical Engineer with 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in electrical power, lighting and fire alarm/systems design for educational, commercial and industrial facilities to expand its Haddonfield MEP division.
- Prepare electrical design for large-scale projects-industrial, institutional, office, retail, healthcare and other.
- Apply design knowledge in power distribution, grounding, lighting, control systems, and equipment specifications and selections.
- Analyze complex engineering problems and offer effective resolutions.
- Ability to direct a team of designers and support personnel.
- Interact with all engineering disciplines, construction project managers, and clients.
- Lead an electrical design group for large-scale projects.
- Work within company policy and OSHA Safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to take projects from inception to completion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Must have advanced knowledge of electrical engineering and design and be familiar with applicable codes for building, energy, and construction standards and acceptable industry practices.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- 4+ years of formal experience in electrical system design for buildings.
- Experience with Engineering Design software including SKM.
- Experience with Lighting Design and Photometric Software.
- Experience with latest versions of AutoCAD.
- Must have experience as a project lead on complex, multi-discipline engineering design projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to prepare written specifications, letters, reports and related contract documents.
- Must possess Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Candidates that possess or have the ability to obtain professional engineering licensure are preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.