Senior Engineer Technician
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Project Manager
OFFICE: Wildwood, NJ
The Senior Engineering Technician is an engineering graduate with 3-5 years of experience. This individual will assist in the providing of services to our public-sector clients as directed by and under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Assist the Client Manager to one or more municipalities or other public agencies in the preparation of infrastructure improvement plans. The Project Engineer will perform design/drafting services using computer-aided drafting software.
- Assist, review development applications against local zoning and development ordinances.
- Perform field activities including construction observation, shop drawing review, and quantity review.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Municipal Engineering experience preferred but not required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in AutoCAD® Civil 3d computer aided design software.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of software products including, but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work in groups as well as individually.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (Civil Engineering Preferred) from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Engineering-in-Training (EIT) required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds. The employee must have dependable personal transportation to allow travel to meetings and construction sites.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.