Project Engineer/Manager – Structure
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Facilities Group Department Head
OFFICE: Haddonfield, NJ
The Structural Project Engineer/Manager is a professional with a minimum of 5 years of experience. Engineer shall be self-motivated, capable of acting as firm’s representative to clients, and providing support to branch offices in NJ/PA/De/MD area.
- Plan, develop, and manage structural projects
- Support the Department Manager in job planning and coordination of multiple technical disciplines.
- Perform structural inspections.
- Develop job plans and monitor schedules and budgets.
- Maintain strong technical knowledge of design techniques, procedures, regulations, materials and specifications.
- Perform independent, complex engineering calculations and develop construction plans.
- Ensure client and corporate quality control procedures are followed throughout a project.
- Coordinate with a team in order to prepare technical reports and construction drawings.
- Check the work of Junior Engineers and CADD drafters.
- Assist with new business development activities, including proposal preparation and participation in sales presentations.
- Interact with clients and oversee sub consultants.
- Provide technical direction and mentor junior engineers.
- Perform site visits during construction phase for client support.
- Engineering support to our inspection department.
- Producing all deliverables associated with this position.
- Capable of addressing multiple simultaneous assignments, on-time and within budgets.
- “Proactive”‘ identification of problems/issues coupled with detailed analysis and effective resolution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to simultaneously work on group and individual assignments.
- Experience in Buildings/Facilities structural projects.
- Knowledge in AutoCAD , Revit & STAAD.
- Strong knowledge of standard ASCE, ACI and IBC Codes.
- Experience with structural inspections.
- Good communication skills and willing to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Capable of providing directions and mentoring less experienced staff who will be providing support on an assignment by assignment basis. Possesses ability to provide support staff constructive criticism while at the same time providing professional motivation.
- Capable of managing project meeting attended by either staff, clients or contractor’s personnel.
- Willing to work after hours to complete assignments on time.
- Ability to read and comprehend complicated construction, drawings, schematics, specifications, codes, and handbooks.
- Ability to clarify and concisely express thoughts verbally and in written correspondence/reports/specifications.
- Provides effort and takes pride in all work assignments produced.
- Not afraid to ask for guidance/assistance in order to expedite the date of assignment deliverables and determine if firm has an example detail/project.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering curriculum from an accredited four-year college or university.
- NJPE License Required or Ability to Acquire NJPE Reciprocity Essential
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally either travels to a visit a project site or a branch office to assist on a project. During a site visit employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.