Project Manager – Bridge
DEPARTMENT: Transportation & Bridge
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Department Manager
OFFICE: Pittsburgh, PA
The Project Manager is a mid-level professional with 10+ years of experience. This individual will provide engineering services for all phases of an assigned project under the supervision of the Department Manager.
- Plan, develop, and manage bridge projects.
- Perform bridge analysis and design computations.
- Support the Department Manager in job planning and coordination of multiple technical disciplines.
- Perform bridge inspections, writing bridge condition reports and preparing bridge load rating computations.
- Develop job plans and monitor schedules and budgets.
- Maintain strong technical knowledge of design techniques, procedures, regulations, materials, and specifications.
- Perform independent, complex engineering calculations and develop construction plans.
- Ensure client and corporate quality control procedures are followed throughout a project.
- Coordinate with a team in order to prepare technical reports and construction drawings.
- Check the work of Junior Engineers and CADD drafters.
- Assist with new business development activities, including proposal preparation and participation in sales presentations.
- Interact with clients and oversee subconsultants.
- Provide technical direction and mentor junior engineers.
- Perform site visits during the construction phase for client support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in Bridge/Transportation structural projects.
- Experience on NJDOT projects preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and /or Microstation
- Experience as bridge inspection Team Leader a plus.
- Good communication skills and willing to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Strong knowledge of AASHTO bridge specifications.
- Experience with NJDOT and NJTA design manuals and procedures.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License Required, Pennsylvania.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.