Project Engineer – LSRP
DEPARTMENT: Environmental Group, Facilities Department
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Regional Manager
OFFICE: Various Offices
As a Project Engineer – LSRP in the state of New Jersey, the position will entail project oversight and implementation of the technical aspects of site investigation and remediation related to various projects, including direct experience with each phase of the NJ site remediation process: preliminary assessments, site investigations, remedial investigations, and remedial action. The position will also include the development of work plans and associated reports, staying abreast of applicable regulations and requirements, and regular correspondence with NJDEP.
- Provide final technical review, completion and/or approval of project documents and key NJDEP submittals.
- The position will include management of existing and new projects.
- Project management duties include existing client development, site portfolio management, report/proposal writing and budget management.
- The position has growth potential to include: working with the current lead professional in charge of office growth, new staff training, and client base development.
- Required implementation and thorough understanding of Technical Requirements for Site Remediation, The Site Remediation Reform Act, Administrative Requirements for the Remediation of Contaminated Sites, NJDEP Site Remediation Program Guidance Documents, and Underground Storage of Hazardous Substance Rules.
- A remedial investigation and remedial action design, implementation, and follow-through.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Report generation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and a team-player.
- Subject to drug screening.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of overall work schedule; travel limited to the state of NJ ONLY.
- Knowledge of PADEP ACT 2 and DNREC HSCA regulations a benefit, however not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Hydrology, Environmental Science, Engineering or related field.
- Site Remediation Professional License (LSRP), issued by the state of New Jersey.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.