Junior Engineer – Bridge/Structural
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Project Manager
OFFICE: Cherry Hill, NJ
The Junior Engineering is a professional with 3 – 5 years of engineering experience. This position will be responsible to work with a team of engineers for the design and production of construction documents for steel and concrete bridges of various types and span arrangements, including replacement or rehabilitation structures. This position will also conduct inspection of bridges, including report preparation.
- Application of structural engineering and detailing techniques associated with the development of bridge design and rehabilitation plans.
- Conducts analyses to develop design options or recommendations and assists in the preparation of cost estimates and specifications.
- Performs routine engineering assignments requiring the application of standard techniques and procedures.
- Works independently on small assignments and assists Senior Engineers on projects.
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Additional duties include participating in bridge safety inspections as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working understanding of AASHTO, NJDOT and/or PennDOT design standards.
- Proficiency in AASHTO LRFD design is a plus.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Knowledge of structural analysis software such as STAAD, LARSA, BRAAD and PennDOT.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize workflow and complete tasks on schedule and within budget.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Civil Engineering with a Structural emphasis from an accredited four-year college or university
- Engineer-in-Training certificate or ability to obtain within 6-months
- FHWA Certified Bridge Inspector is a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.