Inspector – PennDot Certified
DEPARTMENT: Infrastructure Services
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Senior Associate/Reg. Manager
OFFICE: Conshohocken, PA
The Inspector is a professional with 3-10 years of experience. This individual must be proficient in the use of PennDOT’s ECMS and CDS/NextGen system. Candidate must be a strong leader with the ability to manage and mentor subordinate staff.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently.
- Ability to perform basic math skills including geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to understand construction plans, specifications, schedules, and procedures is required.
- Documentation of daily construction activities, which includes the measurement and calculation of pay quantities is required.
- Must be able demonstrate the ability to perform quality control testing on highway and bridge materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Perform field construction inspection and documentation services on various; municipal; county; PennDOT or PTC; and/or heavy highway and bridge projects.
- Must have the ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Candidate must be physically able to perform moderately strenuous tasks; which includes walking along rough terrain, climbing ladders and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Position may require overnight travel. Position is subject to seasonal layoff.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- 3+ years’ experience working in a construction related field
- Pennsylvania Turnpike or PennDOT highway and bridge projects preferred.
- NICET Certification in Heavy Highway Construction, ACI Field Technician Certification; PennDOT Concrete Technician Certification; NECEPT Bituminous Field Technician Certification; CDS NeXtGen Certified; ECMS Wave 5 training
- Valid driver’s license
- Preferred: BSCE and Troxler Nuclear Gauge Certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.