FSLA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Chief Financial Officer
OFFICE: Haddonfield, NJ
Manage accounting department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders, and other users in making
educated economic decisions about the companyʹs future.
- Provide supervision of the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not
limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits and budgets.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects all assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls to limit risk; monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information
to external auditors.
- Provide supervision of the Accounts Payable staff, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, employee expense reports,
outside services, cash control, and total corporate tax compliance.
- Coordinate with the Accounts Receivable/Billing Department Manager regarding reporting of accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application and
- Enlist the efforts of staff and senior management when necessary to accelerate the processing of information needed to generate timely reporting at all levels regarding
timesheets, expenses, payables, tax compliance, and insurance and benefit audits.
- Manage corporate tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes. Complies with federal, state, and
local legal requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the companyʹs value.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co‐workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner; Maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 5‐10 years of Financial Management Experience
- Technical Capacity to utilize corporate systems and software to collect, analyze, report data
- Development and management of budgets, variance analysis, initiation of corrective action
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting to Senior Management and Auditors
- Performance Management
- High volume phone calls and emails
- Supervise and establish training and professional development goals for accounting staff
- Participate in staff and planning meetings as requested
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- Establish working relationships with Managers/Partners
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Private consulting firm background a plus
- Municipal accounting background a plus
- Proficient in Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision a plus
- Experience with ADP Reporting a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Maintain technical knowledge thru professional development and networking
- Personal Effectiveness and Credibility
- Bachelorʹs degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum Five (5) Years of hands‐on accounting managerial experience.
- Certified Public Accountant certification preferred; or
- Certified Management Accountant certification with private sector experience
This position is responsible for managing all staff assigned to the accounting department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.