DEPARTMENT: Inspection – Secaucus
FSLA STATUS: Non-Exempt, hourly
SUPERVISOR: Department Head
OFFICE: Secaucus, NJ
The ideal candidate will have 5 years of Construction Observation experience. They will provide construction observation for municipal, county, state and federal projects as well as transportation authority and agency work including water supply and distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection and treatment systems, storm sewer systems, and roadway construction.
- Act in the capacity of Resident Project Representative to assist Engineer in providing extensive observation of construction project and serve as Engineer’s liaison with Contractor.
- Attend pre-construction & weekly job progress meetings.
- Conduct on-site observations of the work in progress to assist Engineer in determining if the Work is proceeding in accordance with the Contract Documents.
- Provide and maintain all records related to the project in question including daily quantities.
- Keep a diary or log book of all observations and daily activities for ongoing work, and provide Engineer with daily reports to include all labor trades and equipment supplied by Contractor.
- Review applications for payment with Contractor and confer with Engineer on recommendations for progress payments.
- Prepare a final punch list at substantial completion, and perform final project review for project closeout.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work with others and the public
- Self-motivated, organized, and focused, with good attention to detail
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two year technical or associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting/Construction Technology
- Valid Driver’s License
- NICET Certification a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.