Building Code Official
DEPARTMENT: Building Code Official
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Regional Manager
OFFICE: Conshohocken, PA
This person will work in the following counties, Montgomery, Bucks, Chester and Delaware County, PA. Conduct a range of trade specific inspections on residential and commercial buildings as well as managing specific projects related to these types of code inspections. Some travel may be required for inspections and/or managing assigned projects.
- Plan reviews (commercial and residential).
- Field Inspections.
- Must have the ability to “work” with contactors, homeowners, and design professionals by meeting with and providing code interpretations as needed and/or requested.
- Maintain effective customer service relationship with clients and the public.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Handling of non-compliance complaints by conducting field investigations and following up with required paperwork such as: stop work orders, letters of violation, etc. (office staff will assist with paperwork).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- ICC Residential Combination Inspector certification.
- Experience in managing projects.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid State Drivers license.
- State Certification as a Building Code Official.
- Pennsylvania ICC Residential and Commercial certifications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.