RVE was retained by Essex County to provide engineering design services for the replacement of playground equipment and ancillary items at the Frank Cocchiola playground at Yanticaw Park in the Township of Nutley, NJ.
Because of regular wear and tear, the facility needed to be updated. The playground was redone as part of Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo’s ongoing initiative to ensure parks facilities are up to date and able to meet the needs of the community.
The playground improvements include:
- Appealing to both genders
- Compliant with ADA, as well as all local, State and Federal regulations
- Rubberized safety surface with designs and a complementing theme
- Separate areas for children from ages 2 to 5 and 5 to 12
- Duel height drinking fountain
- Benches and trash receptacles
- Durable play features
- Play equipment including but not limited to swings, slides, climbers and interactive musical instruments
- Seating areas for parents
- Retaining walls, landscaping and storm water management as necessary